Terms and Conditions
All customer purchase orders are subject to these terms and conditions and all additional terms and
conditions presented on or accompanying an Hill Country Computer quotation or Hill Country Computer order acknowledgment. Hill Country Computer specifically
rejects and customer disclaims all printed provisions in customer's printed purchase orders including
associated forms and/or documents. These terms and conditions, together with the Hill Country Computer order acknowledgment
shall constitute the entire agreement between Hill Country Computer and customer with respect to any customer purchase order
and the materials and/or services provided hereunder. These terms and conditions supercede any prior or
contemporaneous agreements or representations, written or oral. Any amendment of these terms and conditions
must be in writing and signed by Hill Country Computer to be binding on Hill Country Computer.
– The BUYER hereby orders from Hill Country Computer, hereinafter referred
to as Hill Country Computer, the product(s) listed on the front of this document. Hill Country Computer'
systems are built from the highest quality new materials, however, due
to standard industry practice, may occasionally contain serviceable
2. PURCHASE PRICE – The BUYER agrees to pay the total purchase price as specified
on the front of this invoice. In addition, the BUYER agrees to pay any
sales or other taxes levied on or measured by such purchase price, or
arising from the use of the product(s) and any parts or maintenance
supplied, including without any limitation, any additional sales, use,
gross receipts, privilege, excise, and personal property taxes unless
specified in writing on this document.
– Delivery shall take place at Hill Country Computer unless otherwise specified in writing
on this document.
– The BUYER shall inspect the product(s) at delivery and shall notify
Hill Country Computer of any defects or discrepancies within one day of receipt of product(s).
WARRANTY – All parts orders are covered under their respective manufacturers'
warranties with Hill Country Computer as executor, where possible. Hill Country Computer provides, from
the date of invoice, a one year limited warranty (unless initial purchase
option extends this warranty) on systems built at its facility which
covers the quality of its product(s) in materials and workmanship. Please
see the applicable Hill Country Computer warranty(ies) document which is incorporated
herein by reference. During this period, Hill Country Computer will repair or replace,
at its sole discretion, using new or serviceably used and/or reconditioned
parts, all merchandise which proves to be defective. Exceptions to the
general warranty are listed below.
– Somerestrictions apply to large hard drives and other items which require
the purchase of additional warranty coverage.
and special order items are covered by manufacturers' warranties only.
Any manufacturers' warranties which exceed one year will be handled
directly by the
– Physical damage voids all warranties.
Hill Country Computer will not warrant any product which has been subjected to improper freight
handling/shipping, abuse, neglect, or unauthorized repair or installation.
If Hill Country Computer determines, in its sole discretion that the returned item(s)
was/were abused, neglected or otherwise damaged by the BUYER and/or
end user, Hill Country Computer reserves the right to be reimbursed for all of its costs
incurred in repairing or replacing such item(s). The applicable Hill Country Computer
warranty also will not cover components not installed by Hill Country Computer, nor
product(s) with broken warranty seals or assembly traces.
Hill Country Computer HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR ALL SALES OF GOODS,
AND ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY Hill
Country Computer IN
6. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS – Title and risk of loss or damage to the product(s)
shall pass to the BUYER on the date of shipping the product(s) to the
7. ALTERATIONS, MODIFICATIONS, ATTACHMENTS – Any alterations, additions, or attachments
on the product(s) not authorized in writing by Hill Country Computer shall solely be
at the BUYER's own expense and risk. If operation of the product(s)
is affected in any way by alterations, improvements, modifications or
installation, the warranty shall be deemed waived by the BUYER, and
Hill Country Computer shall have no further obligations to the BUYER.
8. MERCHANDISE RETURN PROCEDURE – If a product fails during the applicable Hill Country Computer warranty
period, the following procedures must be followed or Hill Country Computer shall have
no further obligations to the BUYER:
Call Hill Country Computer Technical Support to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Number. RMA numbers will be issued by telephone, fax or e-mail. RMA
numbers will be void if merchandise is not received by Hill Country Computer within
15 days from the date the RMA number is issued. Any merchandise returned
to Hill Country Computer without an RMA number will be refused. The following information
must be provided when requesting an RMA number:
– Invoice date and Invoice number.
– Hill Country Computer item number and product serial number.
– Detailed reason for return
Hill Country Computer reserves the right to return any product unrepaired and without notification
should the BUYER ship a product to Hill Country Computer without original parts installed
or sold by the manufacturer.
Requirements for RMA processing:
– Ship defective product(s) to Hill Country Computer with freight prepaid.
– A copy of original picking ticket or invoice showing the item and its serial
– A copy of the Quality Control Checklist for systems.
– A detailed note describing all problems.
– RMA Number clearly marked on mailing label, not on shipping box.
– All returned products must be packed in the original packaging and be
complete or the
warranty may be void.
Non-compliance with the above requirements may void Hill Country Computer' warranty as it applies to
the items returned to Hill Country Computer OR delay RMA processing and will therefore
be subjected to the service charges detailed in paragraph 12 below.
9. RETURN FOR CREDIT – All sales returns must be processed through Hill Country Computer Technical
Support or RMA Departments. An RMA number will be issued for all credit
returns. To receive credit, product(s) must be returned within 30 days
from the invoice date. A minimum restocking fee of 15% of the total
invoice price will be charged for all merchandise returned.
The return of special order items will be handled in accordance with the manufacturers'
warranties and return policies.
Returned merchandise for credit OR otherwise in accordance with Hill Country Computer' RMA policies,
will not be accepted unless it is unused and packed in the original
container with complete parts, manuals, and accessories, and must be
received in reasonable condition after shipping.
Defective items returned to Hill Country Computer after 30 days from the invoice date, but within
Hill Country Computer' applicable warranty period, will be processed in accordance with
Hill Country Computer' general RMA procedures herein described.
10. DAMAGED ON ARRIVAL (DOA) – For all DOA products, the BUYER is required to call
for an RMA number within 7 days of the receipt date.
11. LEAD TIME OF SERVICE – All replacements are subject to stock availability
and are generally processed within 72 hours of receipt. All shipments
returned to the BUYER will be by UPS Ground. The BUYER is responsible
for the difference in freight charges if the shipping instructions require
12. SERVICE CHARGES – Non-Hill Country Computer warranty service will be subject to a minimum of
1 (one) hour at Hill Country Computer' current hourly labor rate. Hill Country Computer reserves the
right to refuse servicing any non-warranty work or non-Hill Country Computer products.
– Product(s) returned without defects – $20.00 per item or $75.00
– per system plus $15.00 handling fee and freight plus COD charges.
– Product(s) outside of Hill Country Computer' Warranty – $15.00 per item plus freight and COD
– Refused Shipment – $15.00 handling fee plus freight and COD charges.
13. Warranty policy is not extended beyond the BUYER listed on this agreement. If
the merchandise purchased from Hill Country Computer is resold by BUYER to a reseller
or end user, this warranty does not apply to such reseller, end user
or other subsequent purchaser.
14. Cross-shipment of warranty replacement products is limited to the first 30 days from
the invoice date and is subject to prior credit arrangements with Hill Country Computer.
15. Cancellation of all orders will be subject to a restocking fee of 15% of the total
order amount, plus any cost of Hill Country Computer' labor and any costs incurred by
Hill Country Computer for special order items returned to the manufacturer.
16. The BUYER will be charged $25.00 for each NSF or canceled check.
17. Interest charges of 18% per annum (0.05% per day) or the maximum as permitted
by law will be charged for past due account balances.
18. Hill Country Computer retains a security interest on the merchandise stated above. The rights
and obligations of the parties hereto shall be construed and enforced
in the state of Texas and in accordance with the laws of the state
19. The BUYER agrees to pay to Hill Country Computer all costs related to the collection of
any sum due, including overhead allocated to employee effort and collection
fees, legal fees, court costs, expenses incurred, and reasonable attorney's
20. This document constitutes the entire Agreement between the BUYER and Hill Country Computer.
It is intended as a complete and exclusive statement of the terms used
in this agreement and no course of prior dealing between the parties
and usage of trade shall be relevant to supplement or explain any item
used in this agreement. No agent, employee or representative of Hill Country Computer
has any authority to bind Hill Country Computer to any affirmation, presentation, or
warranty concerning the product(s) sold under this Agreement, unless
the same is included within this written Agreement. This Agreement may
be modified or rescinded only by a written instrument signed by the
parties hereto or by their duly authorized agents. Waiver by Hill Country Computer of
any provision hereof in one instance shall not constitute a waiver as
to any other instance.
Terms and Conditions subject to change without notice.